Friday, August 1, 2008

Baby Can You Stop The Rain

So many songs with the word “rain” in their titles… It's funny, about two weeks ago, The Boyfriend and I were discussing how for a rainy season, there has not been that much rain. It rained regularly at the beginning of May, but then it seemed to stop and would only rain a few times a week. Well, lo and behold, it has been raining close to daily since we talked about rain and we have had a few good showers! This is what happens when you don't knock on wood!

The Boyfriend has been lucky enough not to have to wade in puddles when walking to work but had to do it for the first time last week! It's good I told him to bring his socks and put them on at work! There is something about the intensity of rain showers here in Vietnam that make me want to take out my camera and take some pictures. Here is what we encountered after leaving the movie theatre we seeked out when the electricity was cut for a whole day.

Intersection at Nguyễn Du and Trương Dịnh.

How do you cross a flooded street? You find speed bumps!

7 comments:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

There's also Tony! Toni! Tone!'s "It Never Rains in Southern California," which is sooo true.

Wandering Chopsticks said...

New Edition's "Can You Stand the Rain." I like it better than the Boyz 2 Men remake.

Milli Vanilli's "Blame it on the Rain."

Mai said...

Don't understand why the storm drains don't work very well. It seems they knew the rain capability when they put in drains, yet the ones in my alley aren't effective. I had to slog through ankle deep water on my way to and fro.

Miss.Adventure said...

WC: I will keep these in mind if I get more rain pictures for future posts!

Mai: Riding through puddles on a motorbike isn't fun either!

Bill said...

Singing in the Rain or Dancing in the Rain ;-)

Unknown said...

My favorite, "Here Comes The Rain Again" Eurythmics
In this case, it could be "Here Comes The Rain Again, And Again, And Again..."

"Purple Rain" Prince

"Mưa Hồng" (Pink Rain) by TCS

Vietnamese songs are replete with rain images, that and
...nắng (sunshine). Hmmm.

Miss.Adventure said...

Bill, Long: Hopefully it will rain so I can use some of these titles!