Monday, February 18, 2008

My Son/Hoi An/Da Nang - Feb 12

Leaving Quang Ngai, we stopped by two UNESCO World Heritage sites: My Son & Hoi An. We then spen the night in Danang. Not much too say since we only stopped by these places and the pictures speak for themselves.

My Son is an old Cham site, similar to Angkor Wat in Cambodia; however, we are told it is at a much smaller scale. In addition, many of the monuments were destroyed by bombing during the Vietnam War. Hopefully, I’ll be able to check out Angkor Wat one day. Meanwhile, some of the structures were still amazing considering their age.

Views of My Son, ancient Cham site.
Hoi An used to be an important trading port. It is known for its custom clothes making, but The Boyfriend was more interested in the old Chinese architecture. The Boyfriend was disappointed we only spent one hour there. Maybe we’ll get to come back one day?

Old Chinese structures in Hoi An.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angkor Wat is woderful. only a 400 buck tour from Saigon through Saigon tourist. I reccommend you go after the mekong.....

Marianne Bush said...

If you're into food, which I know you are, Hoi An is an absolute mecca for fabulous Vietnamese cooking. A must stop if you ever get the chance again. I accidentally found your blog when I was looking for Bánh Xèo recipes. Am enjoying both blogs, thanks ;-).
All the best,
Marianne Bush
www.fluidr.com/photos/bush